“Why are there so many songs about rainbows…and what’s on the other side?”
I think it’s because they represent something magical, they give us hope and conjure the most positive of vibes, something we are all grasping for in the current climate of our world. I have a particularly personal affinity for rainbows, they have appeared, spectacularly, in the sky, when I needed them most.
There is a clear scientific explanation for rainbows, yet they seem mystical, not to mention, they are beautiful. In fashion, they represent a time when things were less complicated, that revolved around peace, love and inclusion. Rainbows are everywhere right now, I am taking it as a moment of optimism in an otherwise jaded culture.
Here are some rainbow pieces I am loving this season
- This OTS bodysuit is back in stock on Revolve.com after being sold out for a little while, hurry if you want to snag one, my guess is it will sell out again
2. I love “sets” and this one from “Lover’s and Friends” is no exception. Makes me think: “Must work on abs.”
3. This sprinkle dot rainbow print blouse is so pretty and playful, perfect for adding color to your work attire.
4. Last in “tops” and certainly not lease is this Caroline Constas OTS blouse, with rainbow stripes…LOVE!
- Ok, so I am a sucker for cute sweatpants with high pricetags…it’s sort of a problem. I love these by Lauren Moshi!
2. Spiritual Ganster brand is described as Yoga inspired clothing, swimwear & apparel for high vibration living. These rainbow sweatpants are giving me good vibrations.
3. Le Fave and a recent purchase, the Chaser pastel screen print rainbow sweat-pants are delish!
- I love love this Beach Riot for xRevolve suit, not sure how much coverage it would provide the heinie?
2. Also from Beach Riot, I love this subtle tone, one-shoulder rainbow suit!
3. I feel like I owned this suit when I was in my 20s, Jcrew’s seersucker rainbow bikini is making me nostalgic and in my shopping cart!
- The Alice and Olivia brand is “all in” on the rainbow trend for SS’18. These shoes are cute look very comfortable to boot.
2. YES, PLEASE!!! I am drooling over these amazing Loubitons
3. For the kiddos, however, I would definitely wear these!!! Jcrew has these adorable Girls’ glitter embellished rainbow slip-on sneakers!!
- Can be worn as a coverup or a dress, this airy, playful 9seed cover-up mini was made for beachy breezes and sunny days.
2. This eye catching, OTS, rainbow striped dress is whimsical and summer ready.
3. This adorable metallic rainbow striped dress from Crewcuts, is beyond cute for the littles! An adorable dress that’s perfect for parties (and the playground), in shimmery rainbow colored stripes.